Computer issues have kept me away....

Unfortunately my computer has been causing me grief over the last few weeks gradually losing battery power and not charging properly so my time has been limited which has led me to complete lots of scrapbooking and card making. Too much to share all at one time so I will do it little by little over the weekend. Or at least that is the plan.

We have had school holidays too so the kids have been around a lot and no quiet time for me until this week.

Last month our CC at Scrap of Difference had the theme of "Sing a Song" and required us to create layouts using song titles as the title or journaling of our layout. I used some zoo photos as you can see and found lots of suitable titles for my photos.

Technique challenge was to use at least three different stamps on a layout, so my tags, some background and part of my title was stamped.
I created the card challenge to use bright colours and gave a list of titles to choose for the theme of the card. They also had to use at least one button on the card too.

The colour challenge from Belinda had a CD cover which we could choose the colours to use from. That was a very cool idea.


Then the sketch challenge had me rotate and resize the sketch to create a 12 x 12 page from an 8.5" x 11" sketch.

Now to move on to lots of Fab's challenges over the past weeks and then some..........

#19 - Cosy and inking. I don't have any cutesy stamps so I found this image from one of the old card fronts that I saved. Good for the recycling.

#18 - Bling with a scene. It's probably not really the kind of scene that Fab was envisioning but it still works. It's a little hard to see from the photo but the stickers all contain glitter in some form and it really sparkles in the right light. Being winter here in Australia it is not always good for photographing these things.


#17 - Card with a wreath or glossy accents. I kind of forgot the glossy accents but at least there is a wreath. This one is part of my card class tomorrow arvo.


#16 Snowflakes and/or embossing by hand or folder. Love my lace tree folder and have used the debossed side of the image as I put the card in the folder the wrong way but loved how the image came up. By chance it also has a snowflake on the tree so it covers both criteria.


#14 Brads and/or steel grey. Only used a little of the steel grey and the brads are surely there. I actually am really happy with how this turned out after hours of playing and getting nowhere.

#13 Tone on tone and/or green. Found this cute santa recycled card front so used that with lots of green. I have so many green scraps that I could probably make a number of green cards with it all. I spent a few hours sorting all my green scraps into shades of green as my container was getting too full. I didn't actually realise how many shades there were.

#12 Word confetti and/or wide matting. Word confetti was the challenge for me as it is not something I have, however I did find some strips of greetings from a magazine lift out so hope that suffices.

#11 Pleated paper and/or cardstock stickers. It is a little hard to tell but the red strip of paper is pleated and stitched on the card. The cardstock sticker is the large Christmas tree topper which I quite like.
Last month I ran an acetate card class and here is one of the cards to share. It uses the the lovely flourish from the Kaiser Rewind clear stamps as well as a Kaiser butterfly and Carolee Creations frame stamp. The greeting is from The Stamps of Life.
Well that's it for the moment so will be back to share more soon.... I promise.

Comments

Penny said…
Yes siree - you HAVE been busy crafting! Those Chrissy cards are terrific....and I reeeeally like your zoo layouts! So fun!
Anonymous said…
glad you are back. love your layouts and cards! great crafting fun.
Sarah Lou said…
wow, you are super busy woman!!! i love all that eye candy goodness! those cards are amazing and i love your layouts - esp the strike a pose one!!
Wow ... you have been busy indeed! Love the new look of the blog too! I could have chosen those colours myself, LOL ! Miss you, x.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....