August DT kit.....

I had some lovely My Mind's Eye papers to play with in my DT kit for August which was quite different to the challenge that I had with the template for July.


I made some cards and two layouts which also use some Bella shapes and alpha from the kit provided.

The August Cybercrop at Scrap of Difference had a theme of "Blast from the Past". This enabled us to use not only vintage photos but any photos that haunted us... from our past, our children's past or catching up with old friends etc.

This was the sketch challenge from Belinda that I rotated to use this gorgeous photo of Keelan and Ethan in the bath at our Perth townhouse in 2001. Weren't they just cute little boys?..... Whatever happened to those little fellas?

Jo challenged us with the colours of brown and lilac which made me go for a hunt..... brown was okay but the lilac came from some old packs of Me and my big ideas papers that I had from when I first started scrapbooking. The photos are of my Mum in her thirties, long before I was even thought of.
This is my example that I put up for the card challenge. I was a little unsure how I would incorporate the theme into a card challenge so I decided to use a technique that I learnt early on for making cards and that was to use clip art. These days to create something hybrid is quite common however some were still challenged by the concept. On my card, I found a photo of a lighthouse in my clip art and imported it into Paint Shop Pro, converted it to a pencil drawing then printed it onto some cream coloured textured cardstock. It gives it an almost stamped and coloured impression. The idea does come in handy when you don't have patterned paper or stamps to match the theme of your card.


Last but not least, the technique challenge was to use Vintage or shabby chic techniques on our layout. I had an old photo of my grandparents whom I never knew and found some free papers from the new magazine in Australia called the Australian scrapbook ideas. It is a sister magazine to the "Scrapbook Magazine" from the UK by Practical Publishing. A little bit of tea-dyed lace, some distress inks over a Heidi Swap mask and some eyelets and lacing finished off the look.
Now, on the same weekend, there was another cybercrop over at Home and Scrapped. Sarah challenged us with an advertisement to use as we wished so I got to work with the photos I already had printed of Pawsy and Viva on the kitchen step trying to convince me it is dinner time. It was the only time of day they ever got this close to each other without arguements.... LOL!
Heather gave us a double sketch to work with so photos of Ethan and a caterpillar were put to use also.

Karen gave us a tutorial for making a handmade flower and Kerri wanted us to do a layout using the days of the week and some old sticker letters or chipboard which she asked us to create a card with leftovers of. Above is the card and below is the layout with a photo of my calendar showing the days of the week. Heather a while back gave us a midweek challenge to do a layout showing how busy we are in our lives right now, so these photos were the planning for that layout which never got done then.


Caroline set us the challenge to create a layout about our car as we spend a lot of time in it during the day sometimes but never really appreciate what it does for our lives. The only photos I could remember were when we were travelling over to Canberra to live in 2005 and the kids were watching the DVD player we had just bought for the purpose. The journaling is all about how we needed a car with more backseats to allow for transport of friends of the kids as well without the need for two cars and that the third row of seats allowed for separation of the three children to reduce the level of "disagreements" in the car......
Well that is it for the moment.... back soon with the first round of Christmas card making.

Comments

Sarah Lou said…
wow, you have been busy!! love all of the eye candy here, esp teh one with your mum. I love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....