Just chillin'.......

It's school holidays here in the West so life has been pretty chilled with the boys not wanting to venture out too far. We did get out to the Army Museum last week and also a maritime museum although not the museum I had planned for. Nonetheless it was still a good day out.
The boys have changed footy teams now after being poached by another local team who were lacking players so they now have a full team plus reserves after adding our three to the mix. It also means they will be playing with peers from school which will be much nicer socially for them.

On the creative front, I got to another crop Saturday night at the Craft Stand in Malaga. It's a good 30 minute drive away but it is with the girls that I went on retreat with so it makes it worthwhile catching up with friends.

Sharing a card I made for a DT application but the DT plan went west due to lack of interest so here is my card anyway. We were given a sketch to work with and I have played with my Fiskars lace border punch and scallop squeeze punch. The stamps are from the Sugarloaf 248 stamp set.
I spent the last few hours finishing off a card for my Nephew's wedding on the weekend so I could get it posted. This uses the Fiskars heart border punch and Cricut die-cut hearts from the Storybook cartridge. I just cut the little sticky-out ears off it as I don't like the little extras bits. The stamp is a Fiskars one from the wedding set that goes with the stamp press - my only dislike about this stamp is that the spelling is US based, but I like the font and words anyway.

Well I only got three layouts done at the crop and they were all catching up on Heather's sketches at Scrappy Sketches I was anticipating maybe finishing another two but they are still in the folder waiting to be worked on. The layout above is sketch 14-12 with a photo of Bruce waiting for Skyworks to start here in Perth.

This is sketch 12-12 and the title explains itself. I created the paddles and seagulls from photos that I worked to design some cut files. Sometimes I take so much time creating the embellishments I want that I take forever to do the layout. Still I am so happy with the results.
This one is sketch 11-12 and made a nice quick layout. I had to nick some buttons and brads from a fellow scrapper as I forgot to bring anything to make flower centres. Thanks Barbara....... you were a great help. Photos aren't great cos they were taken at dusk on a phone but they are the only photos I have to remember us waiting for Skyworks so that is the important thing.

Heading off to Margaret River in a couple of days for some R & R and a little sightseeing. We have a list of places to visit and just hope we have the finances to fund a lot of them. Lots of chocolate and candy places to go to, not that my waistline needs me to visit them......

Happy craftin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....