I've started working.....

As the title says, I have started working again part-time in the admin world so my life has become busy again fitting in creative time around work and family time. Never mind though, it makes for a full life. I have played a little at some crops and decided to make some cards using a manner I am unaccustomed to using which I will explain as I go. This layout was for Sarah's May colour challenge which she also provided a Page Maps sketch to use for the design. 

The colour pallette was from Design Seeds and it was lovely autumn colours that went well with my photo from Amsterdam.
 A couple of weeks ago Heather did a Friday night Step-by-step layout over at Home and Scrapped which I totally forgot about but as soon as I realised I decided to play along. The design could not have been more perfect for my photos of Keelan and the bird and it would have to have been one of the fastest layouts I have done in ages.


Whilst at Margaret River we went to Simmo's icecreamery which the kids loved from Yr 7 camp. I used the pics for Heather' step-by-step from the previous month and did the layout at another crop at Malaga. Very disappointed that the shop is closing in just a few months so hope to get a few more crops  in before it does. I even put to use some cute stamps from The Stamps of Life that I never thought I would use as I don't make cutesy cards with icecream sentiments very often but on this layout they went perfectly.


Jewels challenge at the April CC at home and scrapped had a monochromatic theme to it and a sketch to go along with it. It was a great way to use up strips of scraps.


Also in April Jewels set the challenge to use up our ribbon scraps along with a photo of ourselves. Plenty of ribbon scraps in my stash and I used up some nice cardboard stickers from a cheap pack that I bought at Cheap as chips back in Adelaide a year or two ago and a Creative Memories sticker for the title from a few years back now. A great stash busting challenge all up.


As I mentioned I did something rather unusual for me and actually pulled out an old copy of a Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine to use for the purpose in which they are intended - to actually guide you through creating some cards with instructions. Above is the page from the magazine made with some lovely Penny Black stamps that I do not own and created by Raelene Neil.

 

I decided to have a go at them and use what ever I could find that would work from my stash. I have old stickers on the card with the three squares, two digital stamps that were pre-coloured from the Paper Shelter and a free digital card front from Cheryl Seslar which I coloured with water colour pencils. I'm really pleased with how they turned out and they make a good start to my Christmas Card collection for the year.



The next set I made were by Michelle Loffler originally. The above shows Michelle's from the magazine.

 

I made the background a little darker when I created that and it didn't quite work as planned from the instructions as the font would not print from a word document. I ended up using the font in Paint Shop Pro to create the background for print. I stuck with the same colour pallette as that was what appealed to me in the first instance and I played with a combination of stamps and rub ons to achieve what Michelle originally did with a pack of rub-ons. I also Cricut cut my ornaments instead of hand cutting using the Christmas Cheer Cartridge.


My winnings from the blog hop are starting to roll in and here was the first items received via Jennifer Macguire on behalf on Hero Arts. I got to choose some stamps up to the value of $50 and these are what I chose. I have been colouring the Flower Text stamp all week with different mediums so hope to get some cards made to share soon.
I also got to buy some stamps from Tickled Pink and Clear Dollar stamps and have yet to play with those. Oh so many things to play with and just no time to do it. Maybe if I spend less time at the computer my creative time might increase.



Well, happy craftin' and have a good weekend all.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....