Happy New Year!!!

Hi everyone, Happy 2009 to you all!

I have lots of shares to catch up on considering I haven't dropped by for a few days.

First of all is my puzzlesketches entry for December. Finally I managed to get it completed and in 'just' in time and voting is now open for the next two days. If you get a chance, feel free to drop by www.puzzlesketches.blogspot.com and vote for Melissa.


Amazingly enough on Christmas morning I managed to get a photo of us all together. Good thing Jason was thinking about using the self timer....... It's a rare occasion that you get all the Docking boys together but here they are. I could really have made an effort to crop the photo a little but you get the idea.


I even managed to get a photo of the tree just after Santa had dropped by, by the looks. The boys were very excited to receive a Nintendo DS each from Santa. Luckily they had forewarned their big brothers that Santa was probably going to bring them one as that is what had been requested so big brothers helped out and bought some games for them. It's the quietest Christmas we've had in ages.

Even Rufus got in on the act for Christmas with a new pair of duds. Mitchell had asked Auntie Bronwyn, who is a wiz with the sewing machine..... if she could possibly make a new pair of overalls for Rufus whose old ones were almost falling apart. Well, lo and behold a parcel arrived for Rufus a couple of days before Christmas containing a new pair. Nice red ones that match his jumper beautifully. A big thank you to Auntie Bronwyn for that one.....!


In my last post I reminded anyone who was free to drop by the Cybercrop at Heaven-Sent last weekend. As expected it did turn out to be a rather quiet one. I surprised myself by getting all four challenges done though.


#4 - My focus for 2009
This was about your resolutions
but as I'm not into making them
this is what I came up with.
#3 - Emping
A challenge about something that you
enjoy or like that others may not know about.
and L3tos at Flikr who kindly allowed me to
use images they have photographed of this
Indonesian food that I miss.
#2 - Baby boy card
Challenge to make a card for a new baby.


#1 - What's not to love about this face?
Challenge to scrap something new in your life.
This is my sister's new 9wk old boxer puppy - Holly.



Today I have uploaded my design team work for January. I had some lovely Basic Grey - Urban Prairie papers, die-cut stickers and rub-ons to work with, along with a piece of kraft cardstock and some owl Hambly studio stickers. We had very definite instructions as to what we were allowed to use on which layout and what was to be made. Here are a few examples:







There is another layout to see and some more cards but you need to visit : http://heaven-sent.com.au/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=56&g2_itemId=1641
to see the rest.


I have made a start on the Blind challenge that is happening over at Heaven-Sent this month in conjunction with Scrapbook Creations magazine. Funnily enough the layout is almost complete but I just need to find a photo that goes. I have also downloaded the instructions for my first layout with Jennifer Hall in her new month long classes called "The Write Stuff" - journaling on your layouts. Check out her blog for more info: http://www.jenhall.typepad.com/
I was also going to share some photos of the dirt we have been shifting over the last few days but I'm running out of steam tonight. Will have to catch up with that another day.
Cheers!






Comments

Moira said…
Hi Melissa, very cute LO for puzzle sketches. Sorry I didn't get to vote - obviously I'm a few days late viewing your blog :-) Looks like you guys had a lovely Christmas - and how great to get some peace and quiet!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....