Catching up for the month of May
May has been a busy month and I really haven't done much in the way of scrapping and cardmaking until the weekend before last when I had a mad weekend of two cyber crops.
First I have to share the cards that the ladies made for the kids card class the other week:
The ladies enjoyed the fun of making them especially the dinosaur Cricut cut with googly eyes.
I had this old card that I had half done sitting around in my stash after teaching a class using emboss resist techniques. I figured that I should really finish the front off and use it so played with some distress inks and then an old stamp from a Sugarloaf set that I have never used before.
Scrap of Difference had a cyber crop and we had to make a card with the word Friend and something with wings. I was working on a card class plan for distressing techniques so added a little extra to make the card for the challenge.
Jo's technique challenge was to use stitching on a layout. I also had a challenge at Home and Scrapped to scraplift a layout from Sarah's gallery so I loved her weeds layout and used it as the basis for my stitching layout to kill two birds with one stone.
The sketch challenge was a sketch from Kaisercraft but I did not have any Kaiser papers that would work so picked up some old Cloud9 papers from when I started doing some work with Fiskars demos. I have had the photos matted for about six months and never got around to finishing a layout with them so finally they are done and I'm surprisingly happy with the result.
Some awesome colours for the colour challenge - pale blue, grey, terracotta and cream/beige, made for a lovely layout of photos of a restaurant in Belgium.
Over at Home and Scrapped, Angie and Kerri kept us busy with a range of challenges also.
Angie gave us an advertisement to take inspiration from and I chose the layering of the images and the colours from the ad to play with. I had these great colourful photos from the Zaanse Schans in Amsterdam where I went to a clog factory to see how they were made. The colours worked in so well with the photos that I used and I was really happy with the result of a simple layout using mainly scraps of paper.
Angie followed up by testing my ability with a technique/step-by-step challenge using various scraps, stamping with household items and paint, using stamps and inks and finishing it off with mod podge. It was fun but took a bit of time to dry between each step of the process.
Kerri wanted us to scrap our scrap space which was something I have done a few times now but every time I do a new layout about it, it looks different.
Well that's all to share for now, so will be back soon with the new challenge for June at Scrappassion International blog.