Catching up for the month of May

May has been a busy month and I really haven't done much in the way of scrapping and cardmaking until the weekend before last when I had a mad weekend of two cyber crops.
First I have to share the cards that the ladies made for the kids card class the other week:


The ladies enjoyed the fun of making them especially the dinosaur Cricut cut with googly eyes.
I had this old card that I had half done sitting around in my stash after teaching a class using emboss resist techniques. I figured that I should really finish the front off and use it so played with some distress inks and then an old stamp from a Sugarloaf set that I have never used before.
Scrap of Difference had a cyber crop and we had to make a card with the word Friend and something with wings. I was working on a card class plan for distressing techniques so added a little extra to make the card for the challenge.
Jo's technique challenge was to use stitching on a layout. I also had a challenge at Home and Scrapped to scraplift a layout from Sarah's gallery so I loved her weeds layout and used it as the basis for my stitching layout to kill two birds with one stone.
The sketch challenge was a sketch from Kaisercraft but I did not have any Kaiser papers that would work so picked up some old Cloud9 papers from when I started doing some work with Fiskars demos. I have had the photos matted for about six months and never got around to finishing a layout with them so finally they are done and I'm surprisingly happy with the result.
Some awesome colours for the colour challenge - pale blue, grey, terracotta and cream/beige, made for a lovely layout of photos of a restaurant in Belgium.

Over at Home and Scrapped, Angie and Kerri kept us busy with a range of challenges also.
Angie gave us an advertisement to take inspiration from and I chose the layering of the images and the colours from the ad to play with. I had these great colourful photos from the Zaanse Schans in Amsterdam where I went to a clog factory to see how they were made. The colours worked in so well with the photos that I used and I was really happy with the result of a simple layout using mainly scraps of paper.
Angie followed up by testing my ability with a technique/step-by-step challenge using various scraps, stamping with household items and paint, using stamps and inks and finishing it off with mod podge. It was fun but took a bit of time to dry between each step of the process.
Kerri wanted us to scrap our scrap space which was something I have done a few times now but every time I do a new layout about it, it looks different.

Kerri also gave us a birthday challenge using a variety of elements, ribbon, green, patterned paper background and a quote instead of a title, etc. I loved this layout of my sister Alison's wedding photos in the park and it used some really old papers from when I first started scrapping.

Well that's all to share for now, so will be back soon with the new challenge for June at Scrappassion International blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....