Needed inspiration

Having not scrapped in ages, I was very happy to go to Michelle's for a Fiskars workshop yesterday. With going back to work for the last few weeks, my time has been challenging keeping up with life in general so the mojo has disappeared amongst my tiredness. It was nice for a change to just follow instructions of how to cut the paper and put the layout together and all I had to do when I got home was find some photos and finish them off. Now, that I could manage to get done.
I managed to turn my layouts into travel ones with photos from my trip last year. I can't believe it is almost 12 months ago and I am still scrapping the photos and have heaps yet to do.
This is a photo of Ivo's front garden at his home in Heusden. The colours were so lovely to look at and so intense in the red's and yellows. I could not resist on taking a photo. This layout involved lots of stamping and cutting out and I love the effect of it all.
The second layout is a photo of me and Mr Obama in Madame Tussauds. I didn't realise how tall he is, I felt rather small next to him. A little bit of work went into this layout with stitching and creating the little flags from a tag punch. A very clever idea. Pity I don't own the punch to duplicate the idea in future.
The third layout we created was designed to have us getting our fingers dirty. We painted the background and painted the edges of our papers. A little design fun with rolling the papers to create a nice little embellishment effect. Pleating paper also seemed to be a theme of the day which was funny as I used the same technique myself the other week in my card class and the ladies were cursing me. This is a photo of a lovely little home in Eltville, Germany. The title is the name and date on a plaque on the front of the house.

My card class for this month was Christmas cards with non-traditional colours. I repeated a couple of cards from a couple of years ago as the ladies had not done them before. The last one, the orange one..... was a new card design using one of my first ever Christmas stamps and some more current greeting stamps from the Stamps of Life.


Hope everyone is looking forward to school holidays again, I have one more week of work and then I get holidays with the kids for the fortnight.
Happy Craftin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....