The cyber crop last weekend


Last weekend was the cybercrop at Home and Scrapped and lucky for me there was a Pizza and papercrafting night on so I got to work on some challenges. Thanks Ann for the great timing.
Heather started the weekend with another Step-by step and I got to use up some scraps on this one. A Cricut cut title with the font from the Cricut Craft room which I haven't used before. I actually don't mind it.

The theme of the CC was autumn so most of the layouts involved using autumn colours. this was Karen's challenge to use brown, orange, maroon, green and yellow and lift a layout that she had done. I wanted to keep it playful and found some cute stickers in my stash that worked. Some lovely Heather flowers from her shop and a little stamping made for a nice layout in the end.


Jewels 1st challenge was to use a PDF of some autumn leaves by Rebecca Ludens from about.com and cut them in at least 5 papers and use them on a layout. I actually converted the PDF to a JPEG, imported it into SCAL and created a cut file to use on the ecraft to save myself some hand cutting. Oh so lazy but it gave me lots of leaves to use. I was actually quite challenged by this as the leaves were quite large but I was happy with how the layout worked out. I even used one of the negative strips that I cut leaves from for her flower tutorial to create the border along the bottom of the page.


Jewels second challenge of the CC was to lift a layout of hers and tell a story about something you do in autumn. Well, being here in Aussie in a place where native gardens don't really present that autumn feel, I found photos of the flowers I took in the native garden at Amaze 'n' Margaret River back in April and used those to display an autumn native garden. I loved all the different types of banksia's they had there and was lucky to get some lovely photos of them.


Jewels also gave us a flower tutorial to have a go at using 25 punched leaves in three different colours. I did not have the Martha Stewart punch that was used in the example but found this leaf from the Home Accents Cricut Cartridge and along with the Cricut Craft Room managed to cut plenty out of different colours to make these four flowers. I plan to use them on a layout soon but haven't quite got to that layout yet. The centres are made with bronze microbeads and look really effective. They do take a while to put together I must admit is it not something I would do often but then again how often do I really make my own hand-made flowers? That answer would be almost never..... I leave that up to Heather and then just buy them from her at her Made it store.

Happy craftin' all.....
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....