The monthly update.......

In my last  post I told you to join us at Home and Scrapped for the Cybercrop in August. Here are the layouts that I completed.



I sent everyone to this link: http://holykaw.alltop.com/30-dr-seuss-quotes-that-can-change-your-life
I asked everyone to choose a quote from the list and make a layout using it as the title or in the journaling. I kept my example very simple and chose a quote that I really like and suits Keelan down to the ground.
 


Next I gave them a magazine cover that was very busy and asked all to gain inspiration for a layout from it.  Above is my example using lots of paint splashes and designs from the inspiration.
 


Angie wanted us to create a layout using fabric in our background and include at least three handmade embellishments. The butterfly using the Fiskars funky heart punch, the two grey based flowers and the hat pin were my handmades and apart from the background cardstock therest is pretty much fabric.
 

The last challenge from Angie was a colour challenge using a cereal box as the colour inspiration. There are plenty of Fiskars tools used on this one so I sent it through to Lyn to use on the Fiskars blog. The flower is made from the funky heart, mayflower and medium round & round squeeze punches. The strip has and edge cut with the majestic edge on the Fiskars cutting template and the border punches are the rope, heart and scalloped edge ones. You might need to look carefully to see some of them.
 


Lyn also asked if I had anything for Father's day so I made this quick card for the blog also. The funky heart squeeze punch, scalloped edge and threading water border punches also got a work out, so did my sewing machine.

Thanks for looking and happy scrappin' all.

Comments

Josie Dean said…
Melissa, your boys seem like so much fun! Lovely layouts!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....