A creative go slow.....

In recent weeks I have been busy with life.... My eldest sister visited with our family from Adelaide and we spent a lot of our spare time showing her around Perth.
The boys have been on school holidays and whilst I have been working 3 mornings a week, Dad has stayed home to look after the boys and take a well earned holiday break.

Mojo has been absent so I have done very little of interest in the crafting arena for the month. I did get a new stamp set out that I bought earlier in the year and actually put it to use. I just stamped a number of images without any plans on how to use them and then decided to put them to use when I had time to play. This is the Contempo Christmas set from Stampin' Up which I have teamed with some other greetings from The Stamps of Life - several sets and some rub-ons and sticker greetings also. The top left is a lift of a card by Darleen Adamo and the rest are just playing around with old scraps and magazine freebies.


 
On Friday night over at Home and Scrapped, Heather did another of her monthly SBS challenges which I joined in on and you can see the result below in the Underwater Observatory layout. Whilst we were chatting on the night, Kerri decided to challenge us to use our scraps and make a card so I did just that and made a non-traditional Christmas card with a really old sticker on it. It's wierd to note how differently the orange cardstock photographed under different lighting situations.  At least it added an extra Chrissy card to my growing pile.
 
 
 
I have actually signed up with an online card class for later in the month with cards by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner along with some Guest designers also. I'm looking forward to playing along with some different designs and styles. I even bought last years Holiday Card Boot camp 2011 which I am about to start on and see what I can come up with. That will probably make a start on next years cards as I am sure the cards I have done so far this year will suffice for what I need. Maybe some will head off to the Combat Cards group for overseas troops if I have heaps. I love making Chrissy cards and could keep going with them for ages.
 
Happy Craftin' everyone........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....