A month of creativity and other stuff.....

The lovely Heather over at Home and Scrapped has created a month of items/tasks to boost our creativity for the month. For a small fee you can play along and have some fun. I decided to join in the fun and whilst I don't get to it everyday, I can do little bits here and there.

This layout is my create - 3 layout from a sketch of Heather's. The journaling tells how Keelan had spent the night on the bedroom floor as he wasn't feeling well and when Dad got out of bed in the morning he woke him enough to get him to move to the bed. We both slept until late in the morning as we were so tired from the late night and interrupted sleep. Dad of course could not resist a photo of us before he left for work.

The card is from the create - 2 task to work with watercolours and various techniques to create background papers for our layouts and cards. The orange label area is from orange and pink water colours and left to dry with sea salt sprinkled in places. The greeting is an old freebie from a magazine and the stamps are from Basic Grey and Stampin' Up.


The create-1 activity related to stamping some strips to use on a layout. I pulled out some old Provocraft stamps that would have been from the earliest clear stamp sets I bought. I used the flowers and leaves I had never used before. I'm not so fond of the page I completed but it did work well with the photos.

My last layout is Liz's challenge for the month to use a mask and misting, bling and a heart with a layout about something/someone you love. I used the Creative Jump Start Technique from Heidi Swapp by using the negative die-cut heart and a Crafter's workshop template - cosmic swirl. Loving how this turned out with the crazy photo of Mitchell at Chiaki's yum-cha breakfast with the newly-weds families and friends.
 
Need to get myself organised for a retreat for the weekend after next so better be off and do some planning otherwise I will have to take my whole scrap room.
 
Have fun and happy craftin'.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....