I've had a full on week of creativity and stunned myself.

I've had a blast over the weekend joining in a couple of Cyber crops, one at Scrap of Difference and the other at My Sketch World. Of course, I'm not superwoman..... although I have been known to try and be.... so, I have combined a number of the challenges from both sites to "kill two birds", IYKWIM.


Sketch challenge at Scrap of Difference with a sketch from the lovely Lucy Chesna at My Sketch World. I combined it with the Summer recipe challenge at MSW: S = six of something, U = die-cut, M = Matted photo, M = Mixed alpha title, E = eyelets (at least two) and R = Rounded corner (at least one)

This layout would have to be my most fave of the week. The word challenge - Imagine, at Scrap of Difference combined with the fussy cutting challenge at MSW which involved fussy cutting and an embellishment cluster.

Can you believe this is done almost entirely of freebie stuff? The papers and flowers and leaves etc. were freebie papers from the UK version of Scrapbook Magazine issue #36. The word imagine was a feebie with Scrapbooking Memories - ages ago.

I had the Kaiser wooden flower from a DT kit and I purchased the Adornit alpha, Prima journal spot and the Kaiser rhinestone flourish (which I cut into pieces and have made numerous cards with also).

Next the card challenge from Lisa at SOD. Two cards to be made that have handmade flowers on them. The right hand one was part of Wendi's challenge at MSW - criteria, a girls card with scallops, ribbon, bling and a flower. The left hand one was inspired by some cards that were on the Fiskars blog recently. I loved the doodled style of them so I thought I would give it a go.



Now for the colour challenge from SOD and the Summer BBQ challenge from MSW.


Lucy's Ad challenge at MSW. I had fun with this one. It really made me think about the photos that I had that would work with this.


Now you can see the double -up with the card challenge. My girls challenge and the boys card that had to have distressing, arrow, star and metal (my star brads).


Aren't these little cuties? Suzann at MSW gave us the challenge to create three mini-cards. These are 3" square and stamps are Cloud9 Finley's estate from Fiskars. I'm quite loving them.

The lovely Lori gave us the challenge to do a monochrome card. We had to use monochromatic cardstock - no patterned paper..... but we were allowed to use whatever stamps, rub-ons embellishments we liked in whatever colour we chose. I decided to stick with the whole monochromatic concept and it made for quite an elegant card although a little boring in comparison to some of the other creations.




These three cards were made with masking techniques and the lovely Basic Brey - Grow a garden stamps. These were my made for my card class this month and the ladies quite enjoyed making them. The sunset card was inspired by a series of photos from my Mum's collection that she would take from the backyard of our home in Wallaroo. There was a few of them with TV antennae and trees in the dark foreground with the sun setting in the background.


This is my example for the sketch challenge at Heaven-Sent this month. These are some masks that the boys made during the last lot of school holidays Quite funky and different aren't they?


Here are the photos of the works in process. I'm loving this Lime Rickey paper - have I mentioned that?




Well last but not least I have a couple of layouts of photos from Mildura taken back in January.
I had a heap of photos of the trip that I had printed by Snapfish on one of their special offers. I did have another layout that I missed uploading too..... will keep that for next time.
I found this lovely little blog called 4 x 6 photo blog created by Amy Alvis. She has made a series of sketches specially for 4 x 6 photos so I used a couple as basis for these layouts.

Comments

Erin Bassett said…
Great LOs & cards!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....