Getting there with Fab's challenges.....

Well, I'm back with more of Fab's challenge ideas and I think I have about 6 or 7 until I have got them up to date.

#10 - Use swirls and gems. This card has a mish mash of stamps from Heidi Grace, Fiskars, Kaiser and an old rubber stamp from Aussie Stamps and Crafts with a variety of words on it. I found this lovely green ink, Versamagic Tea Leaves chalk ink and I just love the shade of it and found this scrap of green paper to match it. The rhinestones are from Papermania, a UK brand which I purchased ages ago. I love the fact that they have these little tiny ones, smaller even than the Kaiser small rhinestones and they fit nicely into the centres of some of the Heidi Grace flowers.
#2 - Use free papers from a magazine. I think these were from a Simply Cards magazine and the little glittery stickers came from a magazine too. The "joy" is stamped with Stephanie Barnard's "Fresh lowercase" font created by Inque Boutique.

#11 - Stripes and ric-rac. The paper here is some really old Karen Foster paper that I bought in a pack of Christmas cut-offs from an LSS back in 2004. I have been trying to use it for ages. The vellum is a stuffed up cricut cut that I didn't have the blade setting right on so it gave the impression of the cut and not actually cut through. It made for a slightly decorative effect and the ric-rac was me playing with the Fiskars scalloped border edge punch and strips of paper 3/4" wide.

#13 - Either/or decoupage or Pink. I went for the pink cos I'm not really a decoupage girl. The tree is a Kaiser stamp - again from the Merry Christmas set. Background is a Sugarloaf products stamp and the Happy Christmas I have no idea - maybe an old Paper Pleasure Plus stamp.
#9 - Anything goes. I loved the stamp and the pink so much I played with it a little more. The other stamps apart from the little flower one are all in the same Merry Christmas Kaiser set.

#16 - Tea bag folding. No laughing now! This is my first ever attempt at tea bag folding. Nothing of the planet but at least I can say I have done it now. More Kasier Merry Christmas stamps and also played with an EK success corner punch around a circle to make an interesting effect.
On the home front we have had a busy day. The boys went to my sister's whilst I took our Guide dog puppy Viva to a group obedience session. She wasn't her usual well-behaved self today, whining and barking at the other dogs occasionally. But, she performed all her obedience tasks well. Now just have to work on the dog distraction for a bit. Our Supervisor informed us of her resignation today so will be interesting to see how things change over the coming months.
After the group session, I went back to Penny's and Viva had a chance to have a play with her boxer Holly and they were both exhausted after a good play. My boy's played with the twins for a while and we got home about 4pm. It was a lazy soup dinner and I think I might try for a semi early night..... Well, before midnight for a change.

Comments

Vince B said…
These are all gorgeous as always.
Vince X
Brenda said…
Your christmas cards are so beautiful.
Moira said…
You're a cardmaking machine! My cards are always a bit production line, so I love how different each of your cards are from the others...

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....