And the Christmas cards just keep on coming.....

I have continued on with more of Fab's challenges to keep me going but I did take some time out to run a Christmas card class using outline stickers and glitter.


This is my #1 - Anything just make a start challenge which uses an image that a friend gave to me because she was never going to use it. I knew straight away what I would use it for though. It's a little hard to tell from the photo but the oval cut-out in the card has an oval silver card insert with a transparency in the centre with the rubber image attached to it to give the stained glass window effect.


This card was a - just because...... Saw a design that I wanted to try and duplicate and had some chipboard card toppers that I bought cheap at the end of last season that worked for it.


The next four are my card class from last weekend. The first is a little difficult to see because I originally created the card with 'dazzling diamonds' from Stampin' Up and a Kaisercraft stamp from their Merry Christmas set from last season. After I thought about it for a while I realised I had other shades of glitter and brought those out for the ladies to try so have a few more glittery trees sitting on my table waiting to be used. Get used of seeing this stamp this Christmas cos I am really loving the delicate image of it.

This one is an outline sticker on transparency and coloured with kindyglitz to pop dot on the card. I love to use this technique with outline stickers because it gives an elegant look to the card.

There is all-over glitter on this one with a gold metallic background and combination of gold and silver stickers. Looks much better IRL.

This was an add in because I figured the others would not take long. Using the lovely Fiskars Apron lace punch and the strip that gets punched off which we have covered with glitter and added to the left hand side of the card to balance it. The sticker is coloured with brush markers and Kaiser rhinestones added.
I've skipped around a little with Fab's challenges as I hit some creative blocks with ideas so this is #4 - Xmas baubles. It uses the Kaisercraft Merry Christmas, snowflake image which is embossed and punched with the Fiskars circle squeeze punch. The bauble tops are bells punched with an old Carl punch.
#15 - Either/or use a square card, utilise some fabric or paper flowers. I stuck with the square card only and made two of these because I had to stamp and emboss both the green and red cardstock.
#12 - Put a Santa anywhere theme. This was playing around with glimmermist and a Santa from a recycled Christmas card from last year. It actually has a nice sparkle to it IRL which is a little hard to tell from the photo.
And finally..... #18 - Cute and cheerful. This is a digital stamp from Fab's mate, Vince. I hope Vince does not mind that I added a Christmas hat to one of his little monsters because I could not resist the idea that the image was reminiscent of my trio of boys. I have had the word stamp sitting around for a while and not used it - the one inside reads: but.... don't get caught!
Just have to keep my thoughts open on who I give this one to though..... LOL!

Comments

Sandra said…
beautiful cards - I love them.
Vince B said…
LOL - Fantastic card.
Of course I don't mind you adding a hat - it looks great might have a go myself ;0) and I love the way you've coloured them too.
Vince X

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....