I eventually got a chance to play

After receiving my happy mail a month ago I finally found a little time to play with one of my new stamps. This is the Hero Arts Flower text  design block stamp and I love the fact that you get a great image without much stamping work. I stamped it several times sometimes embossing the image with black or white and sometimes just straight stamping with dye ink. I did however play with background and colouring techniques.



This was stamped and embossed on watercolour paper and coloured with watercolour pencils.  Because of the size of the stamp, rather than trim it down I made a card base larger than the regular size to suit the image.



This card was inspired by the colours that Darlene from Darlene's Design.com that I watch. I loved her use of the grey background with the black so I had some grey I didn't know what to do with and found that the white embossing worked beautifully on it. It was coloured with black and green markers and I found some red embroidery thread that worked nicely with it. I love black, white and red together as a colour pallette so was extremely happy.



This one was another play with white embossing on the grey and this time coloured with perfect pearls painted with an aqua painter. I just love the shimmer and shine that this card has. It is difficult to tell from the photo but in real life it looks very effective.



Last but not least, I white embossed on a glimmermisted background which I had sitting around as scrap from something I sprayed on a layout. I then used the same colours of glimmermist to paint the stamped image which made it a subtle but stunning effect.

I do have another couple of images coloured but have yet to convert them into cards so when I get a chance to finish those I will share them also.

Have fun and happy crafting........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....