New challenges for the month of June

I know it's late in the month to share my June challenges but I did actually do some scrapping for the month.


First up is Jewels challenge at Home and Scrapped, to scrap a layout with ten or more layers. I did lift a little of this layout as I am not a person who uses many layers so had to find some inspiration. Not sure who created the original layout I lifted as I cannot find it now. I used some really old papers and rub-ons on this along with my new spellbinders foliage die. This was my dinner one night in Amsterdam - not so healthy but oh so yummy......


Whilst the Home and Scrapped girls were on Retreat in Brisbane, those of us left behind at home were challenged by Jewels yet again to use a sketch she created herself. I used a pallette of colours from design seeds to give me some ideas for working with old, scrappy papers and getting them to match. They were colours I would not necessarily choose to put together for myself but was quite happy with the result.


Angie's June challenge was to use a neutral background, a piece of ribbon or lace, two patterned papers, three brads or buttons, four stamps or rub-ons and five flowers. This was a recipe that worked nicely for my photos of my hotel in Amsterdam.


Heather treated us to a step-by-step challenge on the first Friday of the month and this was the result with yet another colour pallette from Design Seeds. This is my new favourite place to find colour pallettes to work with.


I also managed to get at least one mid-week sketch done from Scrappy Sketches designed by Heather. This is MWS 19-12.

June has been a windy and wet month here in Perth and Bruce has been away from time to time in Jakarta so I have managed to sneak time here and there when he is in the country to get to a crop or two. My nightime scrapping has been slowed down as my interest in reality TV has been heightened lately. I have been watching Dancing with the Stars, The Voice, The Block and Survivor so they are all coming to an end soon which will allow me more creative time.

Who else is a reality TV watcher?   ...... or am I on my own on this one.

Happy craftin'..............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....