Is it really that long ago........

I am so not good at this blogging business......

Seriously, I haven't even put up my challenge for the month at Home and Scrapped.
Well, if you have some scrapping time between now and the end of the month you can come and play along with my challenge:

My challenge for you for the month is kind of a choose your own challenge. I watch with interest on some sites the people who choose their inspiration for a layout, from Pinterest. Some choose clothing, some artwork others linen etc. Now I know just a couple of us like to visit Pinterest so you can head there if you choose and for those others who don't do Pinterest, you can Google an image or find one in a shop catalogue or even take a photo of your own.
I want you to be inspired by Bed Linen.
Choose whatever colour, design etc. you like and then create a layout using the bed linen as your inspiration in what ever way it talks to you.
I would like you to upload your inspiration photo into the thread here and upload your layout to the gallery, tagging it June13-Melissa
Here is my inspiration followed by the layout I did, using the colours and the pillow frames.
 

I did fit a crop in at the beginning of the month and only managed 3 layouts for the night which is pretty poor for me as I used to average about 6  but seem to be getting slower and fussier in my old age.
 I kept this layout of my Indonesian daughter and her family, clean and simple to focus on the photos of us all and just a short note about what we were doing.

 
I also managed to get this layout done using Heather's Mid Week Sketch number 18-13. It tells the story of our visit to the Kebun Raya - Botanical gardens in Bogor where we arrived for a quiet walk around but there was a group of almost 100 students from a local English class that wanted to practice their English and so we were inundated with their questions as there were no other foreigners in the park at the time. 
  
 
This one was from a sketch of Heather's from last year 32-12 made with a paper from Bella Fusion.
 
 
 This is made with scraps from the Bedlinen challenge and Heather's MWS 17-13 followed by a card made with the same scraps and the mini kids sketch from the same week. The stamp is a freebie from a set with the Simply Cards magazine - Wee stamps by Whimsy Stamps. I coloured it with water colour pencils and am quite happy with the result. I seem to be improving slowly with my colouring efforts.


 
This month at Home and Scrapped, Karen has challenged us to use another of Heather's sketches from last year 23-12 and do a layout about afternoon tea, a tea party or coffee with friends etc. and to use items from a swap or die-cuts etc that relate to having afternoon tea. We also had to use a song title for our page title.
I had some cute charms in my stash that worked perfectly for my photos of a cuppa with my Home and Scrapped friends that I have finally had the chance to meet in real life.
 

Thanks for dropping by and catching up with my crafting. Have a great weekend..........




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....