Having fun with the holiday cards.........

Making some time to play and get a card a day made is actually quite a challenge for me considering I am working from my stash and have to work around ways to create a card with things I don't own.
 
This first card is a design from Jennifer McQuire where she showed us how to make a window card and stamp with a background stamp over all the layers. I didn't have a background stamp but I played with the Kaisercraft music background just stamping several times. The bauble is from the Gingerbread Cricut cartridge which I have not long ago bought and the card, and front are cut using the Cricut Craft Room to design and then the edges of the card base are carefully done with my Fiskars Scalloped edge border punch. Greeting from the Stampin' Up Contempo Christmas set.


 This second card Kristina had us playing on Day three with making our own backgrounds using a scoreboard. I don't own one so I used my trusty Fiskars trimmer and embossing stylus to create my background on white cardstock and then used Distress ink - Peeled paint to cover over it to bring out the pattern. I really love the effect but need lots of practise to not get hard lines with my distress ink. Haven't quite got that technique down pat yet. Bauble is from the Stamps of Life - holly4Christmas set and the greeting from Stampin' Up Contempo Christmas set. 



 
This last card is from Shari Carroll's design from Day 4 of the class. It encouraged us to use an acetate overlay and I love how this turned out IRL. Papers are scraps from Australian Scrapbook ideas freebie papers the tree is a stamp from The Stamps of Life - trees4christmas set and the greeting from Studio G.
 
Keep smiling and Happy Craftin'

Comments

Julie said…
All three of these are great! Isn't this class fun? I haven't braved the acetate card yet, I'm going to tackle it tonight :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....