His & Hers lesson 2.....

Woo hoo, I finally got around to having time to make some cards for lesson number 2. Jennifer showed us a kaleidoscope technique with a large leaf stamp which of course I did not have so found a butterfly wing in one of the Stamps of Life sets that I used instead. I used the same Fiskars birthday stamp on both cards and because I didn't have a background stamp I computer printed the dictionary print over the top on the masculine card. At first I wasn't that keen on the masculine one but it is growing on me.
 

More cards using free magazine stamps, these two are based on the design in the magazine itself and I ended up making two, nearly the same  to use up the oval cut out piece. The Fiskars lacy doubles interchangeable border punch got put to work and some tags cut with the Cricut.

 I decided to try the double stamp concept below which I have seen on several cards lately but I wasn't so happy with my result so will keep trying on that one.

 
I started off a scrap whisper over at Home and Scrapped in March and it has now come to and end and everyone has completed it. It managed to change quite a bit in the process but there was still some great layouts done. It was inspired by a digital layout I had seen in CK magazine a few months ago which I cannot put my hand on now. I liked the angled play with scraps so thought I would try it for myself and use up some of my never ending scrap pile.

 
Have a good weekend and Happy Craftin'........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....