Preparing for Octoberfest

Well, I signed up for Octoberfest through Jen Hall's blog. It's an online class a day for the month of October but if you can't do them all then the classroom is open until January to do them in your own time.
I spent all last night printing the instructions as I only got the access to the classroom yesterday, and today and tonight I have spent my time choosing and printing photos. It' s unlikely that I'll use any papers that Jen uses - apart from a couple of transparencies that I bought online today, but I will certainly get a chance to use up my stash and hopefully get some great looking layouts done along the way. There is a great variety - feminine, masculine, 8.5 x 11" and some different techniques that will be new for me. Just looking through the layouts and choosing photos has me excited.
So much for my roll on the Christmas cards!
On the home front, both Keelan and Ethan entered the International Schools competition in Computing and both received credits for their marks. A great achievement for them both. If I allowed them to have, and use, email at their age they probably would have done better as they were a couple of the questions that they stumbled on. I'm not quite ready for them to be using that yet though.
Well, I better go hang out the washing and try and get to bed before midnight for a change. Need my beauty sleep for the busy weekend with the Stamping and Scrapbooking Fair at Elizabeth and a conference where Heaven-Sent is setting up at on Saturday.
There is also a Cybercrop at Heaven-Sent this weekend - Spring is in the Air.
Challenges will go up on Thursday night this time and you have until Monday midnight SA time to upload your entries. Join me there for at least a little while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....