Long weekend

Well, it has been a kind of busy weekend so far and I had a fruitful crop at Ingeborg's last night. To explain the discussion regarding sketches.... When I go to a crop I like to be prepared so I can get some work done - despite sabotage efforts......LOL. Here are examples of how I prepare - my notebook with sketches and notes about the layout followed by my work in progress folder containing the products I wish to use. My layouts don't always work to my sketch but often come pretty close.
You can see with my notebook that I have my sketch for the Grandpa's Eyes layout for Moira's challenge at Heaven-Sent and also the Puzzlesketches layout plan.
I got both completed and also Leanne's Challenge at Heaven-Sent inspired by the pink advert below.

I have had a little chance to visit the Cybercrop at Now Scrapping in honour of the World Card making day and these are my contributions so far. Mistra's challenge - to make 3 cards or a layout incorporating all of the following: A butterfly, a smidgen of pink, a card inspired by Chapter 7 of Alice in Wonderland - the Mad hatter tea party. (I'm still working on that one) That kept me awake half the night working out an idea for the tea party, now I just have to pull it together. I should have got up at 4 am and drawn the sketch of it instead of waiting until 10.30am, maybe I would have had a better morning's sleep. Aside from the above we have been paving, paving and paving again today. I can almost get to my clothesline out the back without stepping on dirt. That's an achievement. Have carted two trailer's of paving sand by bucket up the steps as our back garden is over a number of levels and difficult to reach with the wheelbarrow. The boys have been a little help today moving bricks so it saved us some time and energy. A little more to keep on with tomorrow no doubt.
Went to see Wall-E at the movies this afternoon and the boys thought it was okay. I enjoyed it but it was one I could have waited to see on Foxtel or DVD.
Well I'm off to see if I can execute this Tea Party card and then onto the other card choices..... Hmm.... not sure how many will actually get done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....