Crop for a cure and general crop night.

Wow, have the last few days been busy.
On Friday I was doing some last minute things to prepare for our "Crop for a Cure" with Heaven-Sent that I was teaching at on Saturday. I then had to tidy my own crop area for my regular Saturday night crop at home. This meant that Saturday was a long day for me.

I took the boys to Cobbler Creek for a little play on Friday afternoon as they seemed to need to be out of the house for a while. They rode their bikes whilst I walked, which was great for getting there but boy was there lots of complaints about the uphill trip on the way back.


Mitchell of course, had to get himself very wet all through his shorts accidently, by slipping over in the creek. They do love going there though so it was worth the time outside. The weather was gorgeous too.

On Saturday, Mary from our Heaven-Sent DT, had the wonderful idea of surprising Ingeborg, our fearless leader, by arriving from Victoria for our Crop for a cure day. I knew about the surprise for a week or two and it was quite difficult to not let the news slip. It was great to see Ingeborg's face when she met Mary for the first time though. Here are a couple of photos.


The crop day ran beautifully and everyone enjoyed what they did from the feedback given, even if I did have them a little stressed about what to throw out and what not to throw out. And, where to cut their pieces from. I can't show you the cards they made yet as they are part of my DT work to go up on the 1st of November so some have had the opportunity to get a good sneak peek.
I have been busy scrapbooking myself in my "spare" time over the last few days. I have managed my colour challenge and sketch challenge at Scrapwitch for the month:



I have also been busy today doing four layouts for their Cybercrop:
1. OWL challenge using embellishments starting with O, W & L
2. Mini step-by-step challenge
3. Use a rubbing - like you used to do as a kid, over leaves and coins etc. on a layout
4. Sketch from the Prima blog

Here are my efforts:










The last layout "Oh the choices" is a layout just because I wanted to scrapbook the photos and for no other challenge or reason. Wow, I don't do that too often these days........






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....