Birthday week in our house.....

Well this week saw my "little" boys turn 12 years of age. My Australia day boys enjoyed their day even though they haven't made any friends here yet because school has not yet started and their are no kids their age in the street. As a matter of fact I have seen very few kids in the street at all.

We had some extended family over for a BBQ lunch and after they left we headed into the city to the Esplanade near the Carillon to watch the Skyworks which is of course the boy's favourite thing to do on their birthday. They think they are very special to get fireworks on their birthday. It was all very easy, headed in via train, got off and walked not even a kilometre and we were there where we wanted to be. The weather had been hot and some rain managed to fall which was nice for about 10mins and then it was gone and we dried off quick. There was a lovely natural light show before the fireworks began at 8pm and by 8.30pm it was all over and we toddled off amongst the crowd back to the train station. We caught the second train out and was home by 9.15pm. All very easy and civilised.

Of course Wednesday night I was up till midnight making cards for them all - which I don't normally do as they get tossed pretty quickly but I thought this year they are taking a lot more notice of what I give to others so figured that maybe I should make the effort and give them something different each. I pulled out some stamp sets from The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnard and some Fiskars border punches and away I went.

Owls for Ethan
A froggy for Keelan
And a birdie for Mitchell

I had fun creating but was glad to pour myself into bed when I finally finished. I think they turned out rather cute and the kids have them on display on their desks so I must have done something right for a change.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and not sweating it out like we are here in Perth.....
Happy craftin'

Comments

Josie Dean said…
So glad your boys had a great birthday! 12 already!! In future they will love the public holiday for their birthday! Beautiful cards!!
Sarah Lou said…
cute cards!! Happy birthday to your boys!! My eldest is soon about to leave 12, I love 12 its a great age!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....