Welcome to the New Year

It has taken me a while to get into the swing of things but I have finally got all the boxes unpacked and have ventured into my creative endeavours again. I just wish my scrappin' area was not so hot! Still it cools at night time when the Fremantle Doctor ventures in so I guess most of my playtime will be at night.

My first layout for the year was the January sketch challenge at Home and Scrapped which actually had three photos on it but as I am still behind in scrapping my travel photos from over a year ago now then I only used the 4"x6"'s that I had printed.


I followed it up with a double inspired by a layout from Susan Longman in issue 11 of Australian Scrapbook ideas. Of course mine is nowhere near as stunning as hers and the papers are from me very old stash as I am on a stash busting clean out for the year and truly do not need to buy any more papers for a long time to come. This layout was for the Home and Scrapped colour challenge for Jan to use cream and green. The photo does not do it justice really and the colours are a little distorted as I could not find a decent place in the house to take photos of layouts in without lots of shadows or rays of sunshine overtaking the photo. Working on that concept still.


Yesterday the family took time out in the heat to head up to AQWA (the Aquarium of Western Australia) up at Hilary's Boat Harbour. It was expensive but worthwhile to do on the odd occasion. The boys favourites were the sharks swimming overhead, the sting rays in the sting ray bay and the large tube with the jellyfish. I got some better than expected photos from it which I'm sure will feature in a layout at some stage.



My funny story for the week was walking into a local card supplies shop looking for a product that I use to lengthen the life of my Cricut mats. The staff were interested in my use of the Cricut and as I had mentioned that I had been running crops and card classes in Adelaide for a few years now they were interested to know if I may like to teach some Cricut classes...... well, how could one say no to that? So, it has been an interesting week and we will see what eventuates.

Happy creating all!

Comments

Moira said…
Great opportunity :-) And what an awesome way to meet new crafty friends!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....