A new month with new challenges


Here is a layout I completed for a new blog: http://puzzlesketches.blogspot.com/
If you like it, please drop by the blog and vote for it in the poll on the right in the next 48 hours. It is listed as Melissa - Timeless elegance.

I also managed to finish my layouts for the cybercrop at Heaven-Sent.

This was challenge 3 a sketch challenge from Pagemaps - one of my favourite sites. I have been lucky enough in the past to design some cards for Becky to put in her newsletter.

Challenge 4 was a quote challenge and as soon as I saw the quote about vases I recalled a number of photos which came from my Mum's house after she died, with images of beautiful flowers arranged for Church ceremonies. I chose four of these for my layout.

The quote reads: · God loved the flowers and invented soil. Man loved the flowers and invented vases. ~Variation of a saying by Jacques Deval (God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.)



Heaven-Sent Scrapbooking - Competitions for September 2008: Melissa (that's me), Brigitte and Ingeborg created three scrapbooking competitions for this month. All the details of the September Competitions can be found on our forum (or you can just follow this link). Please upload all your entries in our September 2008 Competition Gallery.

Melissa's Competition: Challenge yourself to create a layout using only patterned papers – no plain cardstock allowed. You may use plain coloured embellishments like ribbons, flowers, brads, eyelets and rub-ons but your title should also be patterned too if you use one.


Brigitte's Competition: Do a layout on a male in your life and how they inspire you (father, granddad, husband, brother, friend etc). You must NOT include any flowers, hearts or anything pink.


Ingeborg's Competition: Create a layout using the sketch below (for a larger picture, please check the September 2008 Gallery).

For all three competitions the other rules are the same:
· Upload the pictures of your work in the September 2008 Competition gallery BEFORE midnight on September 30, 2008;
· You can enter as many times as you like;
· The winner of each competition will receive a $ 1o.00 gift voucher to spend in our store;
· The challenge is open to anyone, but you will need to register on our site if you want to upload into our gallery!
http://www.heaven-sent.com.au/


My DT work for Heaven-Sent has also been loaded. I have used the Cosmo Cricket Little Boys 8" x 8" kit to create a layout and 7 cards.

Here is the layout and just a couple of cards and the rest can be seen in my DT gallery at:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....